Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Today We..." My Mission

Being a Mommy can be hard.  There are days when you're just so tired, just so frustrated, or just so distracted.  Lately, I've been thinking a lot about being mindful of every day that passes with my 19-month-old child.  Everywhere we go, people remind us that these days of early childhood speed by very fast. 

This blog is an attempt to slow down and notice the small moments of the day.  It's a chance to keep a living, online journal of our adventures and triumphs together.  It's a way to stop and realize that, even though we had our rough moments in our day--what toddler doesn't?--we also had moments of fun and discovery.  Those are the momets that I want to capture, so that we can look back on them together for years to come.

This online journal was inspired by projects like the 365 Project (but I'm just not a great photographer--more of a writer).  It was inspired by books I've been reading about parenting with intent and striving to find a place for creativity in our own lives and the lives of our children.  Most of all, this journal is inspired by my spirited, funny, and sometimes quirky toddler, Jasper.

Please feel free to read along with us as we try to stop and notice the moments of joy throughout our days.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the small moments are what you eventually look back on as being the highlights! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you told me you were reading a book called "The Creative Family," it made me wonder what it was about.

    I love this already. Thank you for sharing with us. Makes me feel like I'm right there with you.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete